Monday, July 12, 2010

Penrose Point 2010

This past weekend we enjoyed a wonderful time camping with family and friends. The weather was amazing the whole time as we did a nature walk and then hit the beach for some serious beach combing two days in a row. All of this was tucked in between time at the campsite, good food, a few games and s'mores of course!

Saturday Holly was very surprised to learn that her friends were coming up for the day - that made her weekend! I have come to realize that we always camp with friends now, rarely alone as a family. Bryan and I love it! We love to camp with others, we love to have friends and family join us and we love that Holly has friends to play with and explore nature with.
Out on the beach we all had fun flipping rocks, finding sea creatures of shapes and colors and taking in the beauty that was before us... and the muck! We saw everything from giant moon snails to amazing starfish in all shades and styles, squid eggs to several varieties of crabs, eagles to sand dollar beds. And, that really scratches the surface!

I mostly had my camera only on the beach... which made for some fun photos! I took a ton, literally a ton. It makes it hard to choose photos to post here, but I think I picked some good ones that represent our weekend on the beach! The one thing I did notice... I am not in any photos... really I was there, just behind the camera! I guess I need to get better about that.
First though... Bryan with the camping guitar - can't take the good ones out! He played a bit for us and even serenaded Sue on Saturday morning, what a great wake up call!

You can barely see Mount Rainier in the distance on the above photo.

No comments: