Thursday, March 12, 2009

Little Einsteins

I am not a huge fan of character like clothing or the such on kids... it's just not my favorite thing in the world. I feel like my child is then a walking billboard for Disney or Mattel with no royalties for college. However, I *get* that children are naturally attracted to this stuff, especially when they see it on TV.

Well, I'll admit Holly loves the Little Einsteins and yes it is one of the few shows she is allowed to watch. We own a couple of their DVDs as well. As much as I like to battle the character connection, it happens. I have fallen victim to marketing and those sweet little blue eyes calling out... "pleeease Mama" -- aka, sucker!

This morning was as good example. Holly watched her one morning show - Little Einsteins. Then played with Rocket from the Little Einsteins. Read two books from the Little Einsteins. Listened to some music we have of theirs. Then asked for a bath... to use her Little Einsteins bubble bath and play with her new Rocket & Leo bath toy.

Ugh -- I have succumbed to the character stuff something I thought I'd never really do. I do try to keep some control over it, but it can suck you in - rocket and all!

Thank goodness her one and only Little Einsteins shirt is now too small :)

1 comment:

Ariana Sullivan said...

This cracks me up. It's so true.
The only thing I'm really starting to stand firm on is the books. I can not STAND the character books. They are sooo dumb. lol.