Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Fun

This year I decided I'd like to do something different than the traditional big dinner for Easter... head to the tulip fields! I am glad we did, we had a lot of fun. Although the weather did not cooperate as nicely as I'd hoped, we enjoyed some good rain coat weather. It is Washington after all, I wouldn't expect too much more this time of year.

We went up to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. It is such a beautiful region. The sprawling valley is just stunning, wonderful scenery to enjoy and some great natural sights. We took in several eagle viewing opportunities and stopped at a small bird preserve on the way home.
Holly really enjoyed her day. The bunny paid her a visit hiding many eggs throughout the house and a really nice basket of treats & toys. Holly was especially excited because the Easter bunny stuffed some Polly Pockets into her basket... she played with them all morning and is back at it this morning too! I think the bunny did a good job with the Pollys!
It was a beautiful day!





No comments: